Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Questions for Cindy

Cindy,

When you get back to Crawford and find yourself sitting around waiting for the President to bike down the road to see you, maybe you could take a little time and answer some questions for me? I know that you are busy so I made them multiple choice.

You want an hour of the President's time to answer the question "What is the "noble cause" MY son died for." From statements you have made elsewhere, it sounds like you will only accept certain answers. Anything to do with ridding the world of a mass murderer and creating the middle east's first democracy appears to be unacceptable. Exactly what responses will satisfy you? Please circle all that apply:
  • The war in Iraq was for oil.
  • The war in Iraq for the jews in Israel.
  • The war in Afghanistan was for oil.
  • The war in Afghanistan was to pass the Patriot Act.
You have said that your protest isn't about "you" personally. You have also said, "How dare he go on vacation and live a normal life when he has ruined mine by his lies?" and in response to a news story that said "'I've met with a lot of families,' Bush said. 'She doesn't represent the view of a lot of families I have met with.'", you said "I never said I did. I want one answer: What is the "noble cause" MY son died for." How do you reconcile these statements:
  • Just because I'm the center of the universe doesn't make things about me.
  • I was wrong. It is all about me after all.
You wrote this statement, "People say Casey is ashamed of me and I dishonor his memory! I knew my son better than anyone on earth and I know he is appalled by the continued carnage in his name." Given that Casey supported the war right up until his death, do you believe that knowledge of his death would have turned him against it?
  • Yes, I know him better than anyone else and he was a hypocrite.
  • What he wanted doesn't matter. I know what he should have wanted.
How do you reconcile these statements: "Then bring our troops home." and "This is the biggest smokescreen from him yet. I didn't ask him to withdraw the troops, I asked him what Noble Cause did Casey die for."
  • I'm not asking him to withdraw the troops, I just want him to bring them home.
  • No blood for oil.
On what do you base this statement? "Too bad George didn't give them that option before he invaded and occupied their country resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people. I bet they would choose to live in a peaceful country free of foreign occupiers."
  • Even a mass murderer like Saddam must have been better than Bush, right?
  • I saw the scene in Fahrenheit 9-11 with the kids flying kites.
You do remember that Saddam was given the choice of cooperating with weapons inspectors or facing the consequences?
  • Saddam who?
  • Say what?
You wrote, "If he (George Bush) cares so much about an Iraqi Constitution, why doesn't he take some time from his busy vacation activities and read the US Constitution. He may find out that he started an un-Constitutional war in Iraq." Given that the Constitution gives Congress the right to declare war and that they passed a law authorizing the invasion of Iraq that means that every president in the last sixty years (except Carter) has conducted an unconstitutional war.
  • Impeach them all. Bwa ha ha ha!
  • George Bush ruined my life.
You wrote, "Does anyone else know what "democratic" means? It simply means majority rule. Not some high-minded, free-floating, pie in the sky ideal. It means 50 percent plus one. Up to 62% of Americans think our troops should be coming home soon. That is a majority, so why don't we force our employee, the president, to do what we want him to do?" Do you understand how a representative government works?
  • Polls count for more than votes.
  • I'm sure that Bush stole the election(s)
You wrote, "We know you had to "fit the intelligence around the policy" of invading Iraq. Do you realize that the quote was actually "fix the intelligence" as in "fixate"?
  • Yes, but I was hoping that you wouldn't know.
  • Oops, Freudian slip.
What are you really hoping for?
  • The impeachment of George Bush
  • The impeachment of Bush and Cheney.
  • The impeachment of every neo-con from the President down to the guy who cleans up the dog sh_t.

Note, all of the Cindy quotes are from her blog on Huffington.

No comments: