Wednesday, June 30, 2004

From F911 (emphasis added):
NARRATOR: A report like that might make some men jump, but as in days passed, George W. just went fishing. As the minutes went by, George Bush continued to sit in the classroom. Was he thinking, 'I've been hanging out with the wrong crowd. Which one of them screwed me? (cut to video of Rumsfeld meeting with Saddam Hussein in 1983) Was it the man my daddy's friends delivered a lot of weapons to? (cut to picture of "Taliban Leaders") Was it that group of religious fundamentalists who visited my state when I was governor? (cut to picture of the President and Saudi Royal Prince) Or was it the Saudis? Damn, it was them. I think I'd better blame it on this guy (video of Saddam Hussein smoking a cigar, dancing).'

It was the Saudis? Why not blame the Egyptians? Mohammed Atta was born in Egypt and carried a passport from the United Arab Emirates. Other hijackers also had UAE passports.

Atta lived in Germany from 1993 to 1999. He was recruited for al-Qaeda while living there as were other hijackers. Why not blame the Germans?

This is a retorical question. Moore is convinced that Saudi oil connections with the Bush family is responsible for everything. It only confuses his point to admit so many other factors.

No comments: