Monday, March 08, 2010

Michael Moore's argument against big government

Michael Moore posted an open letter to the President in the Huffington Post telling how he would handle being Chief of Staff. Personally, I would love to see this part: "Each morning you and I will do 100 jumping jacks".

At the end, Moore explains how he would handle Republicans.
P.S. Just to give you an idea of the new style I'll be bringing with me, when a cornhole like Sen. Ben Nelson tries to hold you up next time, this is what I will tell him in order to get his vote: "You've got exactly 30 seconds to rescind your demand or I will personally make sure that Nebraska doesn't get one more federal dollar for the rest of Obama's term. And then I will let everyone in your state know that you wear Sooner panties, backwards. NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 50!"
So, in Moore's perfect world, congressmen would be punished for voting against the President by having their federal funds cut off. So much for the separation of power. This reminds me of a quote:

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have
Gerald R. Ford, August 12, 1974

No comments: